Bahá'í Glossary: I
- "Knowledge," the twelfth month in the Bahá'í calendar.
- International Teaching Center
- An appointed administrative body created by the Universal House of Justice to take over and extend the functions of the Hands of the Cause of God. (The House does not have the power to appoint new Hands of the Cause.) The members of the Center are appointed on the basis of their spiritual knowledge and primarily act as advisors to the Universal House of Justice. See also: Auxiliary Board, Continental Board of Counsellors, Hand of the Cause of God
- Literally, "splendor." Bahá'u'lláh titled one of His tablets "Ishráqát" in which He enumerates nine "splendors": the profound regard the wealthy and powerful should have for religion, the establishment of the Most Great Peace, the importance of observing God's commandments, the importance of praiseworthy deeds and an upright character, the need for governments to understand the conditions of their people, union and concord amongst all peoples, the education of children, the authority of the House of Justice, and the establishment of unity and concord as the purpose of religion. See also: House of Justice, Most Great Peace, Tajallí, Taráz
- "Might," the tenth month in the Bahá'í calendar.
Forum & Chat