The Planet Bahá'í Forum
Welcome to one of the premier Bahá'í discussion forums! We warmly invite you to join us to ask questions about and discuss everything related to the Bahá'í Faith.
Our forum is hosted by Delphi Forums. You can read messages as a guest, but to post messages you'll need to create a Delphi account. A free level is available, and it's easy to get started.
Planet Bahá'í Forum Rules
Our forum is moderated in order to ensure that it remains a pleasant and safe place for you to visit. Our hosts ask that you help us to maintain this environment by following a few rules:
- We abide by the Golden Rule. Please enter and participate in the spirit of unity. Treat all with courtesy and avoid flaming. In general, Bahá'í principles of consultation should be followed. Disagreement with ideas is one thing. Argument and name-calling is quite another.
- Please use appropriate language. Be respectful, and be aware that "younger or more sensitive viewers" may be present.
- From experience we've found that religion and politics can be a flammable mix. .Please take this into consideration and try to avoid posting politically charged comments or material.
- Please, no advertising or other forms of spam. Our forum is not a billboard. Exceptions can sometimes be made for messages promoting a site that is in some way related to the Bahá'í Faith or otherwise of interest to Bahá'ís, but this will be at the discretion of the hosts. If you are not sure whether or not your message is appropriate in this context, please ask one of us before posting it.
- Avoid copyright infringement. Authors, artists, and musicians own the copyright to their works as soon as they are created. Therefore, members should generally not post a work that is not their own unless it's in the public domain. This includes text, photos, sound files, etc. However, quotes from printed material are legal so long as they are reasonably brief and are properly cited. That falls under "fair use." Bahá'í Publishing Trusts usually permit the use of extensive quotes from the Bahá'í Holy Writings, but citations are requested as a courtesy. Also, citations help others look up quoted material if they are so inclined.
- Please follow any instructions issued by the hosts.
- Don't discuss forum moderation issues in public. When the hosts take an action, members are asked to accept it, even if they don't agree with it. If they have concerns about the actions of a host, they should email that host or one of the other hosts and not bring up the matter for debate in the forum. Rest assured that we strive to be as fair and impartial as possible. Public discussion of moderation issues generally leads to nothing but trouble.
- Do not impersonate someone else. People often adopt multiple "personalities" online. That's all right, if they feel they need to do so. But it's not all right to impersonate another actual user, and especially to impersonate a forum host.
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you enjoy it!
Forum & Chat