The Planet Bahá'í Chat Room
Welcome to the Planet Bahá'í chat room! We warmly invite you to join us to ask questions about and discuss everything related to the Bahá'í Faith.
Our chat room is hosted by Delphi Forums. To participate, you'll need to create a user ID and password. A free level is available, and it's easy to get started.
Planet Bahá'í Chat Room Rules
Our chat room may or may not be moderated at any given time. We may schedule periodic hosted chats from time to time. (For times, check our discussion forum.) Whether a host is present or not, we ask that you help us to maintain a pleasant environment by following a few rules:
- We abide by the Golden Rule. Please enter and participate in the spirit of unity. Treat all with courtesy and avoid flaming. In general, Bahá'í principles of consultation should be followed. Disagreement with ideas is one thing. Argument and name-calling is quite another.
- Please use appropriate language. Be respectful, and be aware that "younger or more sensitive viewers" may be present.
- Please follow any instructions issued by the hosts.
- Don't discuss chat room moderation issues in public. When the hosts take an action, members are asked to accept it, even if they don't agree with it. If they have concerns about the actions of a host, they should email that host or one of the other hosts and not bring up the matter for debate in the chat room. Rest assured that we strive to be as fair and impartial as possible. Public discussion of moderation issues generally leads to nothing but trouble.
- Do not impersonate someone else. People often adopt multiple "personalities" online. That's all right, if they feel they need to do so. But it's not all right to impersonate another actual user, and especially to impersonate a forum or chat room host.
Thank you for visiting our chat room. We hope you enjoy it!
Forum & Chat